Google AdMob The Native Way
Native is a component-based ad format that gives publishers the freedom to customise how ad assets like headlines and calls to action are presented in their apps. By choosing fonts, colours, and other details, publishers are able to create natural, unobtrusive ad presentations that can add to a rich user experience.
We were tasked to come out with a Q4 social strategy with posts targeted at app developers and app companies. Content needed to be fun, packed with geek humour and relevant to the right target audience. At the same time, we were to design an AdMob's 'No Nonsense Guide to Native Ads' Downloadable eBook. This would be the very first time that the Google AdMob team in Ireland and Mountain View decided to go pro on social.
We came up with a full 8-week social strategy with illustrated post, illustrated GIFs, polls, image creation, curation of funny GIFs and memes that were relevant to the topic and strategy that would get readers/followers coming back for more. Posts were published on AdMob's Twitter, Facebook and G+ platforms. We also designed and made downloadable a concise PDF Book matched with great UX.
On Twitter, we grew +500 followers within the 8 weeks organically. Minimum likes +18 and retweeted more than +10 times on each post. Cross sharing on Google Developers Twitter page and got more awareness, likes and retweets. Sign-ups to the newsletter increased +35%. AdMob's 'No Nonsense Guide to Native Ads' Downloadable eBook became one of the most popular ebooks during the campaign period.
1. Developers humour works very well on this campaign.
2. Funny illustrations and GIFs work well with the audience compared to images.
3. Current memes and GIFs get more likes and retweets.
4. Easy UX of the eBook gets more interest, downloads and shares.
How to improve
1. Create a #AMA post for developers to ask questions and a 2-way conversation.
2. Create short video posts for demo.
3. More real life success stories.